Followers

Friday, March 1, 2024

What is Your True Identity?

 I have been collecting Ironstone for several years.  Each piece is unique.  Some are very old and depending on demand, may be very valuable.  Some are newly manufactured.  Others are ceramic pieces, hand crafted and of little market-value.  However, as has been said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."



I love that each piece is unique.


This small pitcher is one of my favorites.  
It is the only one I have that is marked USA.


This one may be the oldest that I have. 
I find beauty in the discoloration.


There is real character in the aging.



This is the tallest pitcher I have and yet, 
probably the least valuable. 
However, inscribed with the creator's name, 
I treasure it. 


I love the marked ones, indicating their true identity.





Though similar, these two are very different. 

Identity...STOLEN
We are encouraged to protect our identity by safely regarding our social security number, bank account information and credit cards.  In spite of our best efforts, we can be hacked and our private information stolen. I've been told I'm too much of an open book.  However true, I've learned that even the most solid firewall can be cracked.  After 10 years of blogging, a few years ago I found that my domain was not mine and I could not access my writings.  Someone had stolen my domain.   

Identity...CRISIS!
This is definitely true in our world today.  I have to take continuing education for the child advocacy center.  Many of my most recent classes are geared toward accepting identities in the LGTBQ plus community.  I can't even remember the different ways in which these identities identify.  What in the world is our world coming to?  Talk about stolen identity! 

The house of faith where I attend teaches the Hebrew Calendar as well as the Gregorian Calendar.  In Hebrew, this month is Adar.  While in Adar, we recognize that as followers of Christ, our true identity is found in Him.  My preacher-daddy used to say, "You are branded, marked.  You'll never be happy outside of the will of God."

A true follower of Jesus Christ is marked by the blood of Jesus.  Our identity can't be stolen.  If we are truly a Christ-follower, we wear His name everywhere we go.  Even the devil in hell "can't take what we have, change who we are, as the song says, we belong to HIM."

Like pieces of Ironstone, we are all unique.  Some of us may be older, with fine lines.
We all have a few "dark" spots as we are continually being made new in the attitude of our minds.  All of us are really just "cracked pots" if you think about it. But if we have been born-again, we are a new creation!  The old has gone and the new has come!   

In this world of confusion, I don't have to be confused about who I am! 
I'm so glad I know my true identity!










5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're back!! I've thought about you often lately. Hope y'all are OK?! I'm back too at redbirdacres at blogspot dot com. Come join me! Miss you. Love from Wiregrass Gawga. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sparky, it's so good to find you again! However, I've forgotten everything I know about blogging and I'm having trouble leaving you a comment. I can no longer get on any of my previous blogs. It just breaks my heart that I've lost so many memories. Your photos and posts are great!

      Delete
    2. Follow me, please so I can get my blogger buddy back.

      Delete
    3. I followed. I pray there will be clarity so you can easily jump back in pond. The water's fine ... 😊💖

      Delete

A Month of Renewal

One thing I love about Spring is the burst of new life!  During Easter weekend, with my grandkids, I observed a mama-robin preparing for her...